VDR para el Siemens Gigaset M740/M750
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.
Proyecto movido a GitHub

Miér 7 Abr 2021 - 19:23 por bittor

Comentarios: 0

Buscar

Resultados por:

Rechercher Búsqueda avanzada

Flujo RSS

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Switch to summer time does not work

3 participantes

Switch to summer time does not work Empty Switch to summer time does not work

Mensaje por t-bird.de Dom 25 Mar 2012 - 15:01

Dear All,

first of all many thanks to you for the vdr-firmware. Great work!! After the change to the new EPG-version by ARD-group here in Germany I thought I had to discard my M740s.

Everything worked well the last 5 month but now I have a problem: Last night we had the switch to summer time which does not work.

The box' time remains in CET and therefore time shown is one hour late.

My /etc/TZ files contains this entry: CET-1CEST,M3.5.0,M10.5.0/03:00:00

I tried that: CET-1CEST-2,M3.5.0,M10.5.0/03:00:00 but then the box is two hours late.

I set up time replication via ntp-server and also by transponder - both do not set the time correctly.

Do you have an idea what to do?

Kind regards

t-bird

t-bird.de

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Switch to summer time does not work Empty Re: Switch to summer time does not work

Mensaje por bittor Lun 26 Mar 2012 - 9:08

Hi,

I've had this problem in Spain although previously it worked correctly.
Transponder get time delayed, is it possible a problem with /etc/TZ?.

seems that the same problem is with openwrt.org firmware.

Do you have a version built with Windows or Linux?
bittor
bittor
Desarrollador

Cantidad de envíos : 3661

https://github.com/bittor7x0/VDR-M7x0

Switch to summer time does not work Empty Re: Switch to summer time does not work

Mensaje por t-bird.de Lun 26 Mar 2012 - 12:43

Hi,

I built the firmware on Windows XP.

I tried both: ntp-service only, time from transponder only and both. The box always shows Winter-time.

The /etc/TZ file is OK - no blank after or before the entry and now blank line. When the TZ-file is not OK, the system shows UTC. I tried it.

Now I found out something strange: When I put the rules for switching the time into the TZ-file it does not work. But without the rules it does.

Will say:

This entry in /etc/TZ (the original one):

CET-1CEST,M3.5.0,M10.5.0/03:00:00 gives Winter time using the "date" command.

and this entry in /etc/TZ:

CET-1CEST

gives Summer time using the "date" command.

Hopefully it works for Winter time, too and the kernel knows when to switch. But it should be fixed.

t-bird

PS: By the way... While having a look for the EPG-data before the Summer time switch I recognized that the timestamps for all entries which were after the switch were one hour too early. It seems that the Box ignores the rules for switching to daylight saving time completely. Otherwise the EPG entries should have had the correct timestamp.

t-bird.de

Mensaje por t-bird.de Lun 26 Mar 2012 - 15:34

Hi,

it seems really to be a busybox problem. Many Linux based items like FritzBoxes or M7x0AVs are affected.

The cause is that March has only 4 Sundays this year and busybos interpretes the "5" in the rules incorrect. Just waiting until 1st of April solves the delay.

The same is valid for October this year, when time will be switched back to Winter time. October 2012 has 4 Sundays, only.

A workaround is changing the "5" to a "4" in the TZ rules but that leads the box to changing to Summer time a week to early next year. Maybe deleting the rules lets the box use kernel defaults. But this is only a presumption.

Kind regards

t-bird

t-bird.de

Mensaje por bittor Lun 26 Mar 2012 - 16:19

Thanks for info.
bittor
bittor
Desarrollador

Cantidad de envíos : 3661

https://github.com/bittor7x0/VDR-M7x0

Mensaje por t-bird.de Lun 26 Mar 2012 - 16:43

Hi bittor,

you're welcome. Due to good circumstances regarding the count of Sundays in March and October the next three years, this entry in /etc/TZ solves the problem until Summer time switch 2016 (In 2016 the error occurs again):

CET-1CEST,M3.5.0,M10.4.0/03:00:00

Keep in mind: With this entry the correct time will be shown as of 1st of April 2012. But it gives us nearly 4 years for fixing the bug...

Kind regards

t-bird

t-bird.de

Mensaje por solrac Lun 26 Mar 2012 - 20:00

Thanks t-bird.de. Nice workaround.

bittor, i think you have already found this fix

http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2011-October/045823.html
solrac
solrac
Betatester

Cantidad de envíos : 552

Mensaje por Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado